Monday, May 9, 2016

What will 4DX be like?



Later this afternoon, I'll be seeing Captain America: Civil War in 4DX in the Times Square Regal theater.  With a ticket price of about $28, I can't know what to expect in terms of the immersion the format promises.  The movie will be in 3D, the seat rumbles, I might feel literal wind in my face, and there might be... uh... bubbles... but I don't know much else about it.  4DX sounds like it could be the incredibly immersive film-viewing experience I've waited for all my life, or it could be a bunch of gimmicky distractions.  Either way, Civil War is getting great buzz and I can't wait to see it.  I was a bit disappointed in Age of Ultron last year, so hopefully this is the true Avengers sequel we've all been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment